***CHOOSE A LINE ITEM OF FOOD FROM THE DESCRIPTION AND POST A COMMENT TO THE SITE WHEN YOU RSVP***
Sloppy Joes, Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Strawberry Shortcakes at the Ronald McDonald Wylie House. Please arrive at 4:30 to help prepare dinner to serve at 6:00 PM. After all families have eaten, we will eat as a group.
This is an age appropriate, child friendly event.
1) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – Sue
2) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – Josh
3) 2 lbs hamburger – to be cooked on site – Carrie
4) Potatoes, Vegetable Peeler and potato masher, Chives, 2 Packages Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 1 large bottle ketchup, 1 head lettuce, 2 large onions – Jill
5) 2 Packages Bacon, 1 large jar sliced dill pickles Megan
6) 2 Large containers Sour Cream, 1 gallon Milk – Kelly
8) 1 grocery store size Bisquick AND 2 containers Whipped Topping (the strawberries are in the freezer at the house) Carol
9) At least 40 hamburger buns (5 packages of 8 buns or can get larger packages) – Janet N
10) Cole Slaw Fixings – to feed 25 ppl – your own recipe or jar sauce – salad made on site or purchased from a deli – Lisa D
11) Veggies for a big tray – 1 bag baby carrots, 1 bag celery, 1 head cauliflower, 1 head broccoli, 2 big cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. (bring whatever you like for this, City Market is a great place to get cheap veggies) Janet B, Paul & David
12) 2 containers lemonade drink mix AND 1 package Tea Bags Vic
Any questions, feel free to call or email me
email@example.com or 816-582-6732
The Ronald McDonald Houses are a “Home Away From Home” for thousands of
families every year who must travel to the Kansas City area to receive medical
treatment for a sick or injured child. Together, the two Ronald McDonald Houses (Cherry Street House & Longfellow House) provide temporary lodging to as many as 60 families each night while their children undergo vital medical care. The family Suites inside our Longfellow House, allow us to serve immuno-suppressed children and their families (i.e. organ transplants and bone marrow
transplants). Both Houses offer a warm and welcoming place to sleep, as well as full kitchen facilities, laundry facilities, living rooms and recreation areas
to provide a homey environment where families may relax away from the stresses of the hospital and meet other families experiencing similar crises.