***CHOOSE A LINE ITEM OF FOOD FROM THE DESCRIPTION AND POST A COMMENT TO THE SITE WHEN YOU RSVP***
Sloppy Joes, Mac & Cheese & Rice Krispy Treats at the Ronald McDonald Wylie House. Please arrive at 4:30 to help prepare dinner to serve at 6:00 PM. After all families have eaten, we will eat as a group.
This is an age appropriate, child friendly event.
1. 2 lbs. hamburger – to be cooked on site – Carolyn
2. Left-over Sloppy Joes & 40 hamburger buns – Joni
3. 4 Packages Macaroni – john
4. 4 jars Alfredo Sauce –josh
5. 1 Large container Velveeta Cheese (store brand is OK) Sue
6. 1 Jar pickles, 1 large onion. Molly
7. 5 Cans Baked Beans (or 1 Costco size or large Zarda) – Faye
8. Raw Veggies & dip (whatever you wish to bring) Molly
9. All ingredients to make 2 pans Rice Krispy treats & 1 bag chocolate chips (recipe on the box?) – Carol
10. 2 Containers Lemonade Drink Mix – Tiffany
Any questions, feel free to call or email me firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-582-6732
The Ronald McDonald Houses are a “Home Away From Home” for thousands of
families every year who must travel to the Kansas City area to receive medical
treatment for a sick or injured child. Together, the two Ronald McDonald Houses (Cherry Street House & Longfellow House) provide temporary lodging to as many as 60 families each night while their children undergo vital medical care. The family Suites inside our Longfellow House, allow us to serve immuno-suppressed children and their families (i.e. organ transplants and bone marrow transplants). Both Houses offer a warm and welcoming place to sleep, as well as full kitchen facilities, laundry facilities, living rooms and recreation areas to provide a homey environment where families may relax away from the stresses of the hospital and meet other families experiencing similar crises.