About Hospice House: When staying at home isn’t an option, Kansas City Hospice House provides a peaceful care alternative by providing medical and nursing care for patients facing advanced illnesses, as well as emotional and spiritual support for patients and their families, all in the comfort of a beautiful, homelike environment. It’s a place where many generations come together and where family members are relieved of caregiving duties and can focus on each other, while the staff attend to the patients’ needs.
Serve KC volunteers provide meals for the patients’ families to allow them to spend as much time as possible with their loved ones who are nearing the end of their lives.
Today’s Meal Theme: International Comfort Food. Mexican? Thai? Ethiopian? What is your favorite international food?
Select one of the available categories below, (without a name next to it) then use the Comments section on this page to indicate what you will bring. PLEASE: No traditional lasagne or spaghetti, as other groups bring a lot of it on other days.
Please be firm in your commitment.
1. Main Dish – Baked Chicken Chimichangas – Tina
2. Main Dish -Susan
3. Main Dish – Ecuadorian Beef Stew – Marice
4. Main Dish – Norma
5. Main Dish – Italian chicken casserole – Betty Ann
6. Bread – Lisa
7. Hot vegetable side dish – Cathy
8. Hot vegetable side dish – italian green beans – Betty Ann
9. Salad – Glynda
10. Salad – Asian_ Carol
11. Dessert for approx. 20 – Belizean coconut tarts – Vicki
12. Dessert for approx. 20 – Fruit Salad – Ellen
13. Fresh veggie tray – Faye