Powell Gardens 20th Annual Festival of Butterflies is this August! We have hundreds of free flying tropical butterflies in our Conservatory, a Native Butterfly display, a Monarch tent and a preserved collection from all over the world.
Volunteers are needed for the following jobs:
• Youth Education Tent – help kids learn about butterflies through games & craft.
• Tattoos – temporary tattoos are a new addition to this year’s Festival.
• Stroller Valet – guests check their strollers & bags before entering the Tropical Conservatory.
• Popcorn Stand
• Paint a Pot – pass out supplies, collect fee, set to dry & reset for the next kid.
• Membership Promotion – no hard sales, simply tell guest the special for the Festival.
• Greeters – pass out maps, point to the start.
• Face Painting
• Kids Crafts – make butterfly wings and antennae headbands.
• Conservatory Doors – monitor doors so people go in & no butterflies escape.
If you prefer a certain spot I’ll do my best to accommodate; please send me an email & indicate a 2nd choice also.
Kids & Grandkids ages 12 and older are welcome to volunteer with you.
Volunteers get in FREE and are encouraged to enjoy the exhibit and Gardens before/after their shift. We provide snacks, t-shirt discounts, plus a free pass to come visit us another time.
Parking passes & Festival details will be emailed closer to date.