(1) One-Stop Volunteer Shop — We will have 45+ nonprofits available with opportunities to get involved and support local causes. Visit with a variety of organizations, get familiar with what they are doing in the community and where help is needed.
(2) Valuable Experience — Volunteering is a chance to learn something new and stretch your skill set. You may want to test the waters before a career change or inspire a new passion. Volunteering can also make you a stronger leader and build your network.
(3) Ask an Expert & Network — Are you looking to organizing volunteer outings for your group? Learn all about the nonprofits attending, network, and discover potential opportunities to partner with them. Serve KC will also have a booth so you can learn more about us and how we work too.
(4) Volunteering is a Win-Win — Nonprofits depend on their volunteers to help them complete their mission in the community. By volunteering you will have a direct impact on It’s also good for you, helping others reduces stress, can make you healthier and happier. When you focus on someone else it can be a satisfying distraction and improve your mood.
(5) Have Fun! – Volunteering can be a ton of fun and a great way to meet new people with the same interests as you. At the Volunteer Fair you will find nonprofits serving just about every cause there is. Also, give yourself some extra time and to explore all fun experiences that Union Station has to offer. You can visit Science City, go see a 3D movie, learn some KC history, or see their Stonehenge exhibit. The Crown Center shopping mall is nearby too as well many restaurants so make a day of it!
When & Where
The 2019 Volunteer Fair will be open between 10am-2pm on Saturday, April 6th at Union Station. We will be on levels B & C near the theatre, just look for our signs.